Spiced Pomegranate Gin
Make this gorgeous spirit at least two weeks ahead – the longer you leave it the better.
- 1 clementine
- 3 pomegranates
- 350 g caster sugar
- 200 ml pomegranate juice
- 12 whole peppercorns
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 1 litre Bombay Sapphire gin
- Zest and juice the clementine, then remove the seeds from the pomegranates.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan, except the pomegranate seeds and gin.
- Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a gentle boil then take off the heat and leave to cool.
- Add the pomegranate seeds and gin and decant into a large glass container or several glass bottles. Leave to macerate for 2 weeks, or as long as possible.
- Strain and pour into your chosen bottles (leave unstrained if you think it looks more interesting). It will keep in a cool, dark place for a few months.