White Peach Cordial
Win friends – make bellinis! This recipe makes a thick cordial, a perfect base for the cocktail (just add prosecco!), or top up with soda water for a summer refresher.
- 1 kg white peaches
- 2 vanilla pods
- 250 g golden caster sugar
- 1 lemon
- Halve and destone the peaches. Halve the vanilla pods lengthways and scrape out the seeds.
- In batches, place the peaches in a food processor or blender, skin included, and blitz to a purée.
- Spoon the peach purée into a pan and stir in the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla seeds.
- Bring to a simmer over a low heat and let it bubble away for 20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Using a funnel, carefully pour the warm cordial into sterilised bottles or jars, then seal and store in a cool place until ready to use.